Saturday, May 22, 2010

Mileg's Birthday Card

I would like to thank my husband for putting up with me and my family after all of these years. My parents got him pajamasthis year, his birthday was Friday, what better than new comfy pjs and a birthday card, I always look forward to birthday cards from my mother. I picked up the card when I got home, it was on the counter next to the bday bag, he had the day off, saw my parents, gift exchanged, I wasnt there to see his face, he just told me "They had you in mind when they wrote it!" I looked at the card, a green card with butterflies and flowers, that wasnt manly but it was cute... Let me spell out the inside, the card says "Happy Birthday(outside)...(inside) to someone who is always a joy." My mother in her infinite wisdom writes and adds, "To Miguel, lots of love." She always puts lot of love, not sure why its the only catch phrase she adds to birthday cards that is consistant, the rest is icing on the cake. Einstein adds "May the camel always walk the desert, and Sylvia (with a y and then scratched out into an i) rides her broom."

So there it is, and Silvia (me) always rides her broom, let me just tell you where I got the broom from, Broomhilda herself furnished me with such a contraption, my mother comes up with some crazy shit, this is just an example. Yes she adds also Mara and Nina made me write this, but where did they get that from, she must have gone through countless different little stab like quotes to get to this one, I would love to hear all the ones that popped into that mind before making her final decision. Not only does she love to poke at everyone with her broom and boil up gossip and fact together to stir up shit in her cauldron, but she also has taught me everything I know about bitching and complaining, asking for something and when you get it, pointing out everything wrong about it and why it is "What I wanted" but also your mistake. I learned from the best Mommy Dearest. And no, I am not upset about what she wrote, I ride the broom proudly, but please try and remember how you spelled my name on the birth certificate. What is up with the camel and the desert, who's the camel?

No comments:

Post a Comment