Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Water Time

My garden is filled with weeds that think they are trees, some with thorns almost impossible to remove. I have cement in 95% of the backyard and living under a massive oak tree (Helga) assures me to have bundles of leaves falling around the house every single day. With this being said, bugs and ants roam the land and attack anyone who dares to linger around longer than they should. So when I discover the baby's love for water, I choose to play in the house. Once a day, aside from bath time, when baby M gets too rowdy and uncontrollable he gets to play with water time. Instead of a $5 pool from wallyworld that will harden and crack under this scorching Florida sun, we head to the bathtub. His toy pelican and various balls lay about and wait for him to put them to use. Today he hid under D's (the 8 yr old's) covers and did his doodie in peace and silence, he hatched out of the coccoon of poo and left a familiar scent where ever he stopped to discover a new idea. Digging under the TV table I grabbed him and interrupted another sure internet disconnection, wiped him up and gave him a quick wash, then let the faucet drip and googled away. The tub clogger far from his reach and my toes dipping for a quick refreshing splash. This is probably one of the only moments that sanity makes an appearance. He enjoys the splashing and I stepped away to look for the cell phone that I heard from a distance. D fell asleep on the sofa. Unable to find the cell I go back the the now flooded bathroom and remove the stupid pelican. He has managed to scoop out enough water to saturate the rainbow rug and my pink flea market robe. Three towels later, the bathroom is now much drier. It didnt take but one good pelican full to cause the damage, my bathroom is smaller than my cubicle. I facebook my cousin to call me so I can find the phone, and again I hear it ringing. I shut off the water and find myself in the kitchen, the fridge is ringing, open the fridge grab the phone, turn around only to find a little streaker screeching away in the living room. There are dingle berries in the living room, thank god they are not hanging from the curtains, I would have surely burned those down. The joys of boys. And that is my water time. I wonder if this will land me on the water department's most wanted list?

1 comment: