Monday, May 17, 2010

State of Mind

State of Mind

Scream into the darkness
Curse out all your pain
Drink up from the bottle
And do it once again
I know I’m not alone
With my demons and my lies
Angels come to help me
A devil’s locked inside
Once again I’m frightened
As they both crash in my mind
I’ve lost sight once again
My soul fights to survive
This body that was mine
Corroded to the core
My eyes sink down now deeper
Not who was here before
I barely recognize her
The monster in this room
She can’t seem to escape it
Her life has met its doom
Longing for forgiveness
This journey’s at its end
Who can welcome me now?
The devil or his friend
I can’t seem to decipher
The wrong way or the right
As suicide surrounds me
A good bye I must write
I’m thankful for good times
Wiser for the bad
Abandoned by so many
My sanity’s gone mad

2 comments: