Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Never Ending

Left work, got groceries, drove home, car accident, no speeding ticket, maybe a fender bender, no ambulance, move on, got home, dropped keys, opened door after several twists, maybe i should put down the groceries, came inside, asked diego for help, diego took a gallon of milk to mother in law, me-is mike d awake, d-i dont know and i dont care, me-i need help with groceries, i got you something, diego is gone, finished getting groceries out of car, gave diego reeses cups,went out back checked laundry(fuck, still wet from day before) go to mother in law, grabbed mike d, conversed with mother in law about diaper contents, argued about bump on his head, a fall vs mosquito bite, i win, she wins so she could shut up, it really was a bite, i swear, back to the kitchen, make spaghetti, wonder why cubans add e to spaghetti and pronounce it espaghetti, knowing that when they tell me "so what" they dont add an e, they just say "so what", they say it all the time, hold mike d with one hand, mix noodles with the other, put mike d down, open fridge, fight mike d for the door, screw the fridge, water bottles everywhere, bottom portion of fridge now empty, clean up mess, make espaghetti, diego wants to talk, d-i bet no one would make a bet with me, me-what kind of bet, d-i bet i can live out side of the house for a whole week, with out being in the house, and abuela wany will cook all my food, i will just live in the shelter, me- (obviously I cant cook) shelter?, d-you know where people live, me- I know what a shelter is where is the shelter, d-laundry shed, me-snakes and rats, are outside, d-no they arent, i havent seen them, you wanna bet me or no, me-we have to talk to your dad, conversation over, espaghetti in containers, lunch and dinner ready for manyana, diego needs a bath, turn on water, grab pjs and towels, back in the bathroom, mike d is in the tub clothes and all, bathe children, clean kitchen, mike d is out of tub, grab another towel, he is back in tub, sit on toilet, wait........get mike d out, put on t shirt, get diaper, mike d is on the top bunk under the covers, laughing at nothing, watch him and wonder the weight limit for child bunk, wait......cover naked tush with diaper, find more water bottles, fight mike d for cereal box, mike d wins, go to sofa, sit down talk to nina and mara, wonder how much of what they have been smoking, laugh at the ritards, watch mike d run into the kitchen, diego is screaming, hang up with sisters, d-mommy, there is cereal all over the bottom bunk, MICHAEL!!!!!, grab vacuum, vacuum bottom bunk, fight mike d for the on and off switch, vacuum and shake all covers, mike d crawls on drawer with cable box, going up the wrong side, continue to vacuum, mike d falls, bounces, cries and stumbles away, definitely a bump, mom calls-i am calling wany to pick up mike d, me- ok, look for bottle, lost baby bottle, scavenger hunt begins, mother in law (wany) comes in, sweating like a whore in church, wany-look at me i am menopause, me-that is possible you are almost 70, wany-i feel hot very hot, my legs have no strength (all in broken spanish, i know nothing about menopause, i listen and learn) miguel calls, we talk about menopause, she eats 4 bags of peppermint candy a day, possible sugar issue, i learned nothing, call mom, me-you havent called her, mom-i am taking a shower, me-then just leave him here, mom-let me see, call you back, bribe diego to get to bed, chase mike d, take off all the lights, mike d turns on tv, lights, epileptic seizure like tantrum, the dog barks, tito comes home, heats up espaghetti, me-bye, mike d comes from the depths of where ever, take a ride, off to hyde park, phone rings, mom-i am at your house where are you, me-hyde park, wait, i will be right there, dont know what time it is that i got home and sat down for real, but its 11:08 and i am taking off work clothes now. good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment