Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Car is Revived

My husband dropped me off at work, my car still at my cousin's.
For the entire day my focus was not on my car, but more on the erupting volcano that is in my pants. After spending the day walking around like I was just horseback riding, I call the dr and make an appt. They can see me at 3pm, but without a car, that isn't an option. I schedule the appt for 8:45am, better.
Sonia is my ride home. Between my mother and her calling, we decide it's best I go home. I am not a mechanic, I only know how to drive cars and pump gas. I still can't tell the difference between a Honda and a Lexus from far away, pissing off my husband to no end.
She is on the way to take me home, the man behind the moustache (dad) calls. And here we go.
"Hi daddy."
He insists on me going to my cousin's and waiting for the car, no if's and's or but's. I look over at Sonia and tell her to make the next left. She hesitates by the sudden change of direction.
"I think it's you. You are the factor, whenever I am with you my plans go to shit. No my dad is making me go to my cousin's, you are no longer my chauffeur."
She laughs.
We head to my cousin's and there in the driveway is my car. No one working on it, no one outside, my father is a dead man.
I get out and wish her good-bye, thanking her again.
My cousin comes out "It's done."
"Done?"
"Yep, just finished."
OH MY GOD, I have a car again, no more taxis.
I am so excited, then realize I can't just ditch them, I should stay and chat. So I sat outside as they told me all about how they lifted the engine, replaced the parts, and tested the car.
An hour goes by and I pick up my things and leave. The car is driving like a champ, even the air conditioning works.
Thrilled by the surprise I play music and sing along all the way to my mom's house.
Today has been great, aside from the lop sided step I have now acquired, the day has gone just dandy. I go home, clean a little, blog, hang out with mike d.
I decide to do laundry and flip the switch to the light. When my finger hits the switch there is a loud buzz and a jolt of electricity has just gone down my right arm. I scream out a very loud yelp.
I stand there literally shocked, and look at the switch. I run to the kitchen and turn on the light expecting to find my nail popped off or a black spot at the tip of my finger, I find neither. Laundry is now cancelled.
The back of my house is pitch black without that light turned on, from now on, I will only do laundry during daylight hours. There is lingering pain in my arm and I wonder if I have super powers. I focus on mike d and stare, squinting and completely focus, waiting for him to pass out on the couch. Nothing.
I look to the kitchen sink, stare and squint, waiting for the dishes to clean themselves, hoping that of all powers, I am now Mary Poppins with the ability to make things happen. Nothing.
I go outside and give up, praying at least for fire starting powers. Pull out a cigarette and again stare and focus and squint. Shit.
I light the cigarette, get online and play Family Feud on facebook. After half and hour, I have at least beat my sister Nina's top score. At least I could do that.
My car is fixed, I don't have to do laundry and hopefully I see the choachologist tomorrow and get antibiotics for this horrible infection. I pee and it burns, I cough and there is a flower blossoming, I call it the charfurneta. Don't ask me where I got the name, it's a long story. By the weekend hopefully charfu is better and clear of her current cough and I can spend the weekend doing laundry and messing up the bed between loads. Haha I said load. Good night.

1 comment:

  1. Glad your car's fixed, sorry you didn't get any superpowers though. That would be lovely, wouldn't it? Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete