Sunday, August 29, 2010

Laptop in Stable Condition

25 lashes for me.
Actually more for my child, mike d strikes again.
Last Friday I logged on to nick jr and found a Blue's Clues game for mike d, we played for hours as my hubby watched his beloved history channel.
It was hide and seek, a toddler's face shows up and you push any key and then the toddler hides behind a plant, then you push another key and they reappear screaming out "Peek a Boo!", making my little imp laugh and giggle uncontrolably, the sound is just priceless.
I have had to resort to making up games around the house, we have 2 tvs now, meaning that keeping a 2 year old busy is more work since he seems to find enjoyment in emptying pantries, drawers and coloring on walls. About a month ago, diego decided that putting the tv on the top bunk was a great way to keep it from mike d, and mike d is not the type to just let things go, we aren't sure exactly how he did it, but I imagine that he hung from the cord like Tarzan and swung aroung until the cord popped, so now their tv (a flatscreen) is used as a lego stand. The cord ripped from the back, I don't think that there is any way to revive it. And if hubby/Bob Villa/Bob the Builder/Homer Simpson tries to fix it, I am sure it will end up like the contraption ET made to contact his parents in space. But that may not be a bad thing, the kids will get to communicate with aliens, maybe.
So here we are, Tito is watching his tv with diego and I am sitting with mike d, my hubby decides to get ice cream, we all hop in the car. He googled and came up with "The Old Meeting Place" and it must be a secret club for ice cream fanatics, because we searched high and low and ended up at Publix.
Coming home, we all gathered in the kitchen with the ice cream bowls, joking and laughing, having a wonderful family moment.
In the living room was mike d with the new laptop open and the control button in one hand, thank god the ice cream cooled down the fuming hubby. This is where the time outs began.
Mike d was sent to his room, kicking and screaming. Hubby sat with the laptop trying to figure out how to fix it, I watched and prayed that he would not try too hard, knowing that one alien communicator is more than enough.
He looks at me from time to time. Yes, I know, I played Blue's Clues and he was probably trying to play some more, he really didn't need to tell me anything, and for his health, it was best for him to shut up, peace would have been him giving up the history channel for my sanity and indulging in some Yo Gabba Gabba.
The next day, hubby and laptop trekked off to Best Buy, and the laptop was admitted to the laptop institution, or where ever they are shipped to get fixed when kids, dogs or humans mix with electronic devices and things get out of hand.
It's been a week since I have not had a lap top, and I have not been able to blog or write. I have had to use the old cute net book, it's not horrible, but it is not very comfy to type on, for one it's tiny. See below.


But that's not the best part.

Monday my hubby was on the juiced up blackberry and all was well.

I come home and open it up, not one but two keys were missing, and the o button is a parapalegic. It is lopsided and you have to press it more than once to type.



So please understand my temporary departure from blogging, I had to take a couple of bereavement days and adjust to this abortion of a laptop in order to continue with my blogging ways.

1 comment:

  1. I shall drape my laptop in black this evening out of respect for your loss/losses. You have my condolences.

    And I have a vision of the old commercial playing through my head where the kid tries to feed his oatmeal to the VCR. heehee.

    You always entertain me.

    ReplyDelete