Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Great Escape Part 3

We already know that Mike D left my house to go hang out at the meth house down the street. We also know he darted from my mothers house also. Well here is the one that was left.
I walk into the house and everything is eerily quiet. Something obviously wrong. I walk into the living room to see the sofa in front of the door. That's odd. I decide not to look a gift horse in the mouth. Clean up my bedroom, clean the bathroom, a load of laundry, check on Mikey.
Instead of knocking, since I seem to have a knack on timing, I call first, my mother in law answers.
"Oh my God, Oh my God, so scary, so scared, ask Diego, ask..." The line went dead, not because of an intruder cutting the lines, she started to hyperventalate and must have hung up on me. I look to Diego, with his head set and Mario videos and point for the headsets to come off.
"What happened?"
"Huh!"
"What happened, I talked to your abuela, she said to ask you, what happened?" The first and only thing in my mind was that a crack head tried to break in, we have had knocks on the door from random junkies asking to use the phone. As if!!!
"Oh, Michael ran away, but it's ok, he was with Juno." Nonchalantly he says this and continues to listen to his you tube video.
The back door flies open and my mother in law comes in carrying Micheal like a dingo.
"He left, one minute and he left. I went get food for Diego, come back, door open, I walk outside, no Micheal. I look in bed, in closet, no Micheal. I take car and Diego go to part, carumba, Michael at park with Juno, is Juno fault." All in one long breath.
"Juno? Michael walked to the park, two blocks away, and it was Juno." She turned a shade of velvet red, the sweat began to prespire, I could see a fainting spell coming.
She spoke, but I just stared at the little human that would one day get me arrested.
"Ball." A couple days at daycare and all he says is ball.
"Michael walked to the park." I repeated and had a seat on the sofa.
She had tears in her eyes.
"Michael walked to the park." I repeated once again, no wonder the sofa was in front of the door.
My child walked a block up and a block to the left to a park with no supervision.
"Good thing he in daycare." There was another slap in the face. She was so against the notion and now I am sure it was her idea, that's just how it goes.
I poured a shot of whiskey, had three and tried to let the image settle in my mind.
I looked to the doors, the windows, how would I ever restrain this child?
"Me lay down." Yes you do that. Go lay down, leave me with the felon.
I called my mom, who ten minutes later called my grandmother. I dealt with three crying elders whom haven't a clue in the world of how to stop him, and somehow want me to have him evaluated by a psychiatrist, because something isn't right.
I called my husband and have never in all my years heard so many four letter words come out of his mouth. "What he went to the park to buy weed? How the hell did he walk to the park, explain that to me?"
"I wasn't here." Well I wasn't.
The Snoopy teacher took over, wah, wah, wah, wah.... He went on and hung up on me, furious. Absolutely furious, and somehow I was at fault, because this never happened with him, although he doesn't watch him that much, if I would sit and surf the web in front of the boob tube all day, he would never get out either, but shit around here doesn't grow legs and put itself back, someone has to play Molly Maid.
Any ideas on what to do now, aside from deadbolts, we seem to lock eachother out of the house all the time, my hubby has a key to all 3 doors, then my and my eldest have keys only to the side, which has a chain lock, this is a mess, I can't dead bolt the front door, it's my mother's day gift. The sofa stays there. I will just have to teach my eldest how to be a ninja, I can climb a fence, him? Not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment