Saturday, June 5, 2010

Me and the Moon

This morning when I woke up

I opened up my eyes

I searched to touch you softly

But you're gone, to my surprise

I can't seem to remember

What made you leave so soon

I know I waited for you

By the window with the moon

I smell you on my pillow

But there lies an empty space

I sit up in a frenzy

With these thoughts I can't erase

Guilt begins to gather

And I'm quickening my breath

Our last moments together

Moments I try to forget

Rewinding all the words

I can never take them back

I said it all in anger

And you said them to me back

Solitude surrounds me

The darkness brings more tears

It seems like it was yesterday

But it's almost been a year

The days keep getting longer

Life has lost it's glow

I hope you come to find me

Before I'm gone out of control

When I close my eyes I see you

In my dreams we're not apart

Every night I'm lying with you

I wake up and then it starts

A daily living nightmare

I'm confined to day by day

I've tried to put it in the past

But it just won't go away

You haunt me while I'm sleeping

You're voice is in my head

Our pictures loom among me

Your presence is what's dead

The only way to calm me

Is to bring you back to me

I know this isn't like me

But I have nowhere else to be

I sometimes crack a bottle

I sometimes smoke alone

But lately it's a little pill

As I'm waiting by the phone

It voids out the reality

All the things I've learned to hate

Because really since you left me

I just sit and contemplate

I've lost touch with my family

I think they think I moved

I know they try to reach me

But this pain, they cannot soothe

So I let them leave a message

And I let it go to hell

I'm sure they're thinking of me

Do you think of me as well

Now I'm sitting by the window

I am with my friend, the moon

I can see her searching for you

Hoping you'll be back real soon

I glance off to the bottle

By my bed, it understands

It's helping me get through this

Stretching out to hold my hand

I could go to sleep forever

You would never leave my side

This time I'll try with twenty pills

Would it count as suicide

Crossing over to my dreamland

Hope you're waiting there for me

The only way to bring us back

The way that we should be

The decisions I must now make

To live alone or die with you

Tears start to emerge

I wonder if I'll make it through

No comments:

Post a Comment