Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Busted Lip

Most of us have scars, probably from a good fight, or maybe from an ass whooping you received as a child when your mother "mistakenly" broke a plate over your head because when she served you rice and beans, you held the plate upside down and the food stayed on the plate while upside down, you then looked at your mother, you shook the plate, the food held together all in one piece and plopped to the ground, you asked for a happy meal causing the scar, or you may have been attacked by a pit bull, because you played a little too rough and forgot it was a pit bull (that would be me, right side of top lip, the first example's name I am not allowed to mention but I don't know that back then Korea had McDonalds?) I have many scars, starting with my 3 children, the stretch marks fighting their way with each pregnancy to claim territory to the new world, they had no space, but space was made with time and due to limited space, I now have stretch marks on stretch marks, like an oddity out of the discovery medical channel. I have had nasal surgery for my snoring and deviated septum (can you believe I went through my life without knowing that I had more holes in my head, and they were going the wrong way, well I think they fixed that) I dig for ingrown hairs, leaving many many many scars, small but gosh so worth it. And other scars from cuts and burns I would rather not discuss today. Well my lip one, that one is special because I can say "I got a scar from a pit bull." Doesn't make me super human, Sasha was playing and really didn't bite me, more like scratched me. But it sounds adventurous. If that happened now, I may have made it on the news.
My whole point is that every time I see the scar on my lip, I think of a busted lip I got, and there is no scar, but will never ever forget. I was just wondering why I see one scar and remember a different moment. The pit bull didn't have anything to do with the PIP Lip. (PIP Lip being explained now)
How many of you have ever seen your other half go #2, #3, (Number 3 is one plus two, usually happening after bad chinese or taco bell) well I have not in all my years ever seen him do that. That being said, I know this is a subject he is not comfortable with, nor am I. But who reads this shit right (excuse the pun) I take pleasure in annoying my husband to the best that I can come up with at any given time of the day....SO whenever that deed was being done, I would often take it upon myself, in my aim-to-piss-you-off fashion (a family trait) to go up to the bathroom door and slide things under the door frame, sometimes notes "Done yet?", "How many more you got left in there?" (This one because when my son was little, he wanted privacy and I would wait outside, when I would ask him if he was finished he would say something like "No mom, I think there are 2 more left!!!" it really was cute) Well my other half didn't appreciate this intrusion and would ofter throw things at the door and I knew he would never get up to chase me, so I just continued to knock, pound, or just sit outside and have conversations at the most inoppurtune times. I would also squeeze my cheek to the floor to look and play with him, aiming at his toes. That was such a fun hobby for me. However, good things don't last, and this was quickly halted, immediately and never happened again. I decided one day, in my oh so smart ways to bug him by placing my lips into the crevice of the door opening and the wall, my forehead was smudged up with my cheeks and deep into the door, my hands on the door knob jiggling away and my lips just barely able to babble nonsense throught the very thin opening. Had my stupid ass been on the floor watching him, I would have seen him come up from the toilet, creep slowly up the door and pound on it with one good pop as hard as he could. I ran around that apartment like tim allen when he was walking on the fire rocks for mimi-siku in that movie Jungle 2 Jungle, I could cross those rocks. And when the savage warrior left the temple, I ran up to the mirror to find a very fine welt on my forhead, and my lips had a line from the top, just under my nose to the bottom just above the chin. There was a little piece of lip tissue that I yanked off and he looked at my like he wanted to laugh so hard, I dont think we spoke for hours, we both had our share of regrets for the day. Damaging my plumpy part on my lips I did have a scab for a week and the damage affected him too, my lips were not working and lip service was out of the question for a very long time, as long as it took for the scab to heal. I remember that still and just wanted to get it out of my system. I looked like a prostitue when I added enough foundation, having fun with it and puckering away, while dreaming of the lip injection they give out in hyde park. I thank you for your time and hope you have enjoyed this quick little story. Don't piss off people when they want to PIP (poop in peace) you get the pip lip reminding you never to do it again.

1 comment: