Saturday, June 26, 2010

Trip to Orlando

Harry Potter World is here and my brother in law will be deployed in a couple of days, what better way to spend the weekend than Orlando theme parks.

Tito (my 17 yr old) got off work at 8 o clock, he walks through the door, I am still packing. Recently, he was at grad bash at Universal and he has a free one day two park ticket, it sits in his room and he brings it out to me, we look over it, it says that the black out dates are for the month of July only. Technically, it's not July so we have just come to the conclusion that his girlfriend Kelsey can go. We look at each other and call over my husband, yelling his name and asking that he has an open mind. This is all he needs to know that the plans are changing. He looks at the ticket, and wonders how we didn't realize this before. Well, honestly we never really read it I said, and the thought just hit us. His itinerary is now bothered and the world is falling apart.
"I am fine, but we will need to take two cars now." Is all he says. I run around and call Nina, she and Cody are coming with us, and will need to take their own car, and I have to call Kelsey's mom before Kelsey does to ask permission. I really would love to take her, everyone loves Kels.
I call Nina three times, she never picked up. I called Kelsey's mom, got the ok and ran around getting my stuff together, forgetting the razor and pajamas. Remembering now to threaten my son's privates if he tries to pull a fast one on me, I have told him before that if he doesn't wait for marriage his peepee will fall off because I said so, I never really had a good reason, but promised him this would happen.
We get to my parents house, and I bump into Nina walking in. I tell her and she is ok, but this was not planned so we all start to scramble. Tito went to pick up Kels, and we wait outside, now packing her car. My husband waits in my car to tell me that we are almost on empty and we must go to get gas now, since Nina's husband, Cody, told me that they weren't expecting to drive and they need gas, I tell my husband that they also need to go, we wait out side and I sit in Nina's car, "You don't need gas." She looks at me puzzled, "They don't need gas, they are a quarter tank to full, and three quarters to empty." That made perfect sense to me, but my husband looked at my dad for clarification, "She is three quarters full." my dad says, my husband looks at me and mumbles and takes off. Calling me 20 minutes later, he is waiting at the gas station for us, while we wait for him to return. (Never on the same page) He tells me to wait, he is down the street.
He drives up and I get in the flea, we take off, I find out that my husband has another woman in the car. One who provides services rather well, as he put it. He has named the GPS Esmerelda, and I detest the bitch. He fought the entire drive there with the GPS and blue tooth, never getting both to work. It seems that the minute I stepped into the car the blue tooth quit on him. This is a gift I have, for some reason, I can be near things and they break. We argued most of the way there, until the blue tooth finally worked, then he went to put in on the visor and the whole thing came apart, he was left with a wire in his hands and a wife laughing her arse off. I stared him down because the entire way there, as Nina put it, we were driving ms daisy to orlando and they followed.
The hotel room is ten miles past the park and two toll booths after the theme park area of Orlando, we lose cell phone connection and try to keep up with each other but can't. Being the impatient person that he is, we waited for ten seconds at a corner, called Nina and continued to the hotel. I called Nina who said she saw us as we took off and lost us, my husband was checking into the hotel and I pulled the keys out of the ignition till we knew where Nina was, she was now in the parking lot unable to get into the parking area, when I got to the parking lot, not realizing she somehow got in, I got out of my car and ran to hers to give her a pass but it was pointless she was already inside. Both cars went to park and I went on foot.
We get to the hotel room and the boys take off to walk around the hotel, leaving me, Nina and Kelsey to show off pics and talk girlie stuff.
Then Kelsey takes off her weave and shares it with Nina, they play dress up in front of the mirror, and Kels explains all of Harry Potter to us, we ask her questions and this only confuses her. She can't get the ages right and is frustrated, because we don't understand her explanations.
Having not enough pillows I call the front desk, after multiple tries, I realize that the phone is disconnected and being slow at this sort of thing, I don't even try to connect the phone, I take off on my own to find help. I leave the room and wander on the floor, finding the maintenance room open. There are empty boxes, ice makers, linens, all kinds of stuff, I look around, close the door, and turn on the light, look outside, look inside, feeling like I am in a horror flick, waiting for some creepy teenager to pop out of nowhere, I am still alone and scaring myself, finally getting the nerve to grab 2 pillows and 2 blankets and run like hell to the room, hoping not to get arrested for helping myself to the staff quarters.
I strategically make their beds on opposite sides of my bed, I can watch Kelsey and my husband watches T.
After bathing I realize that I have forgotten my pajamas, no one has any extra so I am off to sleep in my day clothes. And they are all dirty and I am clean, so I just have to wake up extra early to bathe again. I toss and turn watching kids shows, missing my laptop. They have wi-fi but I have no laptop, I blog in my mind, sorry but I forgot what I blogged.
An hour later they drunks have arrived, T is 17 so not him, he had soda. And why he paid two dollars for a tiny soda is just dumb. But he did.
All the boys go to bed, and as my husband changes channels he drops the remote on Diego's face, he screamed and cried causing my husband to play fight to get him to stop sobbing. Meanwhile, down on the floor, Kelsey is wondering if someone will crawl in through the window and murder us. I try to reason with her and Tito is having gas issues. I talk to Kelsey and have her explain to me, who would climb in on the fourth floor, and why have we been chosen. Cody and Nina are now arguing over the covers. All I heard was Cody say "Shut your whore mouth woman!" That was all it took to have me laughing. Diego and my husband are now wrestling and I decide that it is best I just sleep on the floor, the bed just isn't big enough. I look at the space Kels is in, and decide it's better to sleep with T, he is closer to the air conditioning.
I ended up freezing my tata off because the blanket wasn't thick enough and my overgrown child has a gas and snoring issue, so sleep has not been good. How am I going to make it through tomorrow at the park if I can't get a good night's sleep, breathing is an issue right now, and I'm not the one snoring.
The next day, my loving husband had jungle noises wake us up at 6:30 am, he sets the phone on some weird noises and we appear like the set of a zombie movie. We aimlessly bump into each other, losing shoes and packing and brushing teeth, some of us growling and barking at each other, Harry Potter here we come.

No comments:

Post a Comment