Monday, June 14, 2010

Found the little piece to fix my lap top

You may or may not know this. But I have 4 computers, of some sort. I have a desk top that Diego plays Club Penguin on for hours, and T uses to download music (although I have repeatedly told him not to for fear the secret service will break down my door and take him away) we also have a printer attached for coupons to print or Mileg's college stuff, when no one is on it and there is peace in the house, usually once a month at midnight after a venti white mocha with a quad shot of expresso, I use it to write my WIP (work in progress) Thats the desktop. Keep in mind that if mike d is on the loose and he sees the little red light telling him "Hey I am on!" he crawls under the desk (on the other side of the shredder, out of the view of desk top user) and MacGruber's his way to shut the whole system off, he will also flip the switch on the verizon box a couple times a day shutting off all internet and cable connection, pulling the plug on everything. Ay mikey!!! : ( Then we have 2 netbooks, one that broken, we didn't even know how to turn it on anymore, Tito just pawned it for $30 probably to a very savvy hindu child who will fix it and sell it for $200, because my child is business savvy like that, and my netbook, which I am on right now, that I added a Roxy sticker to, like a tattoo, now it has character (sometimes too much character and decides it doesnt want to speak to me or allow me to do any thing and just shuts down, prissy bitch!) its not as good as a real laptop but will have to do. Then, last but not least is the mack daddy laptop my daddy got me, a twinkle in his eyes, believing this would transform me into Danielle Steel, and I adore it. It is about as technologically updated as a Motorola beeper, but I cherish it because my daddy got it for me to write (needless to say, when he gave me this gift, my writing went on hiatus for about 18 months, because that is how life is) This beast of a lap top sits on my nightstand and waits to be used, wanting my fingers to caress its keyboard as if it were a scandalous soccer virgin waiting to be taken by Yoann Gourcuff (google him and let the drooling commence) taken ravenously in the goalie net tent thing that the guys who need to save the ball dive into, (I am sure it has a name, I don't readily know it, so my description should be enough, google that too, I would but I am busy blogging this) anyways the laptop wants some action.
Here is the history of the laptop: my other half (he would prefer I refrain mentioning him so there) has no concept of organization, or picking up after himself (I havent had to wash his socks in a month, but I am not wearing them, so I could care less, let his feet stink) he takes ownership of nothing, (Ex. we sit on the sofa and there is an empty box from Fex Ex on the night stand, sitting there for a week, I left it there to see if he would do something, the box is empty, no contents, just sitting there, we are reading the Sunday paper and I look over at the box and him, unable to put my coupons in order, and I ask him if its trash, he doesnt look up from the paper and simply says yes, so I ask "Why can't you just throw it away", his response "Why did I get married?" Let the smelly feet osctracize him from the general public, I threw out the box, thought of the socks and the urge to bop him on the head with the remote diminished) he picks up what he wants, when he wants. (see laundry wars) since August this lap top has been on lock down. I had all of the cords and for some reason, we had to purchase a small cord to connect the lap top to the cord (don't ask me why I dont know) the damn piece of plastic cost ninety dollars, a fortune to me, I lost the little cord in August and put the lap top and cord (the long one) in my night stand, I finally bump into the cord (the small mediator) in January and dance for joy, only to find that my lap top is now in the closet and the long cord is missing, I hide the small cord in the pencil box by the desk top and go about my business, in Febuary we found the long cord while cleaning up, I dance in joy again and run to the pencil box only to find that there is no small cord , FUCK!!!!, back to the nightstand, since Febuary my lap top has been sitting there and weeping for attention. Today as I was putting away my other half's visor, I open HIS drawer and guess what, found the little cord, I quickly put it in my bra, knowing that I would never lose it, no one goes in there, I blame the entire cord mystery on the other half, he should study to be an attorney because I had no case, I couldnt prove that I found it in his drawer and well the eyes rolling just told me enough, I didn't get pissed, no, I was thrilled I found all 3 pieces (aside from that, mike d and diego took a bath together and mike d in his curiousity decided once again that it would be fun to spray the toilet, sink and floor with water, knowing my other half would do something to piss me off and still in my mind the discovery in his drawer, with my little cord thingy in my bra, I cleaned the entire bathroom, floor and all with his t shirts, hey I was standing in a puddle I needed to do something, and his clothes were piled up ready to be washed, would it really make a difference to clean the corners and the baseboards before throwing it all in the washing machine, I think not!!!!) so I win. Another tactic under my belt. There is a great significance with my laptop, I have four manuscripts in there, completely untouched and unfinished that I have had to only dream about them because of the missing cords fiasco. One manuscript dissappeared one day I have the original but opened another to work on and the most recent version jumped off the laptop and committed techno suicide, and I will probably never see it again (Oh Luna, I will find you one day) , since then I started another manuscript on the desktop from the original I emailed myself. I have a bad case of ADD, I dont focus well and change what I am doing constantly as I get bored far easier than I would like to admit. I did have the Hula Girl, a USB saver that was pink with a green skirt and wirey hair, that held all my work, but that was a waste of money because mike d climbed the table, took it from it's safe place and stepped on it or fed it to Juno using it as a torture tactic, losing all of my beloved stories. Now that I have twenty thousand words on my Luna story, this new found cord has put me in quite the dilemma, I can write about Luna, Marissa, the princess story or my poems. These characters I write about often talk to me, often come into my mind as visions, and I have to run and write, going into type rage trying to remember and account for every little detail. That being said do you have any idea how many characters will be battling it out in my head, they just won't shut up, the voices demand my attention, although I am thrilled to find the cords, I am terrified as to what will happen when my charcters find out that they are back, and Luna poor Luna was originally on there, and now I have revised and editted and she is going to go into Sybil mode when she finds out there are 2 ways her life went, oh I hope they are gentle and they dont go UFC all in my head. God speed Bita, God be with you. (and also with you) (***don't those two last lines have to always go together) Lets see how this all plays out, will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment