Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Hospitals, Starbucks, and Tents

Work sucked, can't say much more I may get fired.

Our Cody-bear left today, Nina called me devastated as she left the airport from dropping him off, I couldn't get my arms through the phone, I just wanted to hug her. I heard the tears, the sobbing cracked my soul in two. But this was expected, and there was nothing we could do but deal with his leave and try to understand that this is his duty. She crossed over to answer a call from my other sister Mara, and I lost the call, when she called back hours later, she was better, time does wonders.

Kristi, my cousin's wife, (she was MY BFF first, before she crossed over to the dark side) is being admitted into the hospital today for the birth of their first born, God help us, Jonel (my cousin) has started the daunting task of warding off little boys from his daughter. I called Kristi earlier and Jonel picked up, telling me that they were in the hospital and the baby was born an hour ago, this was all well orchestrated bullshit from his part, but he had me going and Kristi just said "Why do you listen to anything he says." And then laughed uncontrollably. Oh Kristi how I miss you.


Originally Jonel wanted to name their firstborn Panettone (Christmas bread) but by Divine intervention, Kristi put her foot down, they will name her Kameron. Tomorrow I hope to meet the new little princess, knowing that he father will make dating impossible and her mother will be the best friend she ever had. This is good. He sent a message that they were still in the garage, Kristi was having cold feet about getting the party started. The nine months have come, and there is no turning back now, Kristi say yes to epidural, it will be a good thing, Kameron may just be an only child.


Ms Kelsey (my son's girlfriend) was admitted today also, except she is going in for a rare condition that affects her spine, her fingers and toes get numb, and I think this is the fourth time this year she has been hospitalized. Kelsey please get better, I hope that this is the last time you have to get shipped off to the children's ward, you really do fit in quite well, but you need to get healthy. There isn't much more I could say on that either, she is a ray of sunshine with a touch of valley girl. Hearing her talk makes me smile, laugh and become confused all at the same time, I just can't always follow her, like she has boarded the Yellow Submarine, and here I am a passager following her in her little crazed trip, she is fascinating.

Mike D has a new game, aside from throwing all of the books on the floor, he goes into the pantry for canned food Jenga, taking all of my canned foods and making towers until they fall, he does this over and over, until my mother in law walks in and scolds him, the tantrum begins, she argues with him, who begins to cry bloody murder and then she looks to me for help, I hand him the cans, she prays to saints about how I don't understand the dangers of the weight of the cans and his little feet and hands, I open the pantry. I tried to donate her over the computer, no takers yet. Mike D is still the undefeated champion at canned food Jenga.

Starbucks was great tonight, we wanted to go to Barnes and Noble, walked in, ordered coffee, as they served the coffee, the over head speakers announced "The time is 9:45, the store will be closing in 15 minutes." So we headed to Starbucks. Not anywhere I would like to drive through, first our little Tuty (my cousin, the quiet one) sits at the table and says nothing, Mara looks for a dollar in her purse, I selfishly think she is getting Diego the habitual chocolate chip cookie, and she decides that she just wants water, she only had a dollar (we are all a bunch of broke bitches) I blush a shade of crimson asking for the cookie, I ask Tuty what happened with Mara, thinking she looking for the guy with the molestache, (for some reason my sister is attracted to furry men, this barista lives under the bridge and doesn't own his own razors, I will drop off a gift bag of Gillette come Christmas, and they must look underweight and in need of a bath, she likes the sickly folk, a good old Florence Nightingale) "No, we almost hit someone." Well there it is, when Mara has to deal with an event that makes her nervous, she starts shaking and that is why she needed the water. Tuty went to back up at about 80 mph by mistake and my sister shouted, "Y la vieja, what happened to the old lady?" As she said this, the blurred image of an elderly person appeared an inch from the window, there is the vieja (old lady) apparently the restaurant next door doesn't have a drink limit, there was an array of cars that would back out and go forward, and attempt to turn with little space available. So the old lady must have lost her car, or just was wondering the parking lot, I am sure they don't allow loitering. We never saw her after that. Then an SUV hit another car backing out, the lady ran in and out of the SUV, to the restaurant, left a note, walked around, the parked car sat there with the note, minutes later, another car came very close to hitting it again, we all watched, Starbucks is more like a stadium where you drink coffee and people watch, the parking lot is it's own drama series, and usually there is a man in the middle of the parking lot dancing and singing in tenor tone. What an eventful place to sip java and stare at hippies, foreigners, and rich people with dogs and lots of yoga outfits. Not all Starbucks have this kind of entertainment.

My little Diego turns to me "Mommy, I need to take a bath." It's almost eleven and he has to be bathed by the time my husband gets home, so we leave in a mad dash. Oh Diego, my little killjoy. After the bath, my husband walks through the door, gets into his pajamas, and takes an Ambien, and here we go...

From the bedroom I hear my name, "The ziti was great, I am going to have more." Have at it, I am on my no carb kick, it's been oh 5 hours since I have had rice, so I try to prolong the diet, usually I don't eat carbs for 23 hours of the day, I break down every so often, not sure that the diet is working though, as per the scale at work. I walk into the living room to the picture below, my husband has been in kahoots with DIego about building a tent in the living room, what is wrong with this picture? Tents do not hang from the ceiling fan. I know I have had my share of quirky ideas, when Tito and his friends wanted to slide down the stairs in the crib mattress I was waiting at the bottom, ready to catch flying little boys, but this is a little over the top. As I watch and wait, my husband is downing a bowl of ice cream, the ceiling fan ready to crash down on their little pow wow, if mike d were here and decided to flip the switch, the motor would go into over drive, setting the roof on fire, and there goes the house. Firetrucks and all, what is he thinking, Ambien why do you do this to me, you are supposed to put him to sleep, not make him believe he is invincible. After a couple of minutes, he is sprawled out on the sofa, fast asleep, the tent has been demolished by me, and tomorrow there will be a little chat about the dangers of tents and ceiling fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment