Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The dream one

Dreams are merely wishes, not always coming true

Sometimes you dream to change the past, regrets you can't undo

You may take paths that lead you to that thing you want the most

The wish, the dream, is closer now, succeeded it, almost

But something crossed into your way, an unexpected fate

That dream has fallen further, out of reach, setting in hate

If I could go back into time, and rethink all my steps

I'd clearly walk the other way, away from that regret

Instead I'm walking aimlessly, and I go at it alone

All by myself, fear guiding me, and certainty unknown

To drown away my sorrows, the penalties I'll pay

Heavy drinking, heavy doubts, driving everything away

My dreams have become nightmares of how it should have been

Of what my life was meant to be, how I was meant to live

And so I wake up lonely, feeling helpless and afraid

The fucking up is priceless, there's a lifetime to be paid

Drive me to the edge of darkness, to death, I have no fear

Drive me to the end of wishing, take me far from here

1 comment:

  1. so good. youre AMAZING.

    i promise it will turn out good in the end. maybe even close to perfect.

    dont regret.

    ReplyDelete